Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Hello,

Peter, you made my day!

Not only does it work, but now KDE apps start instantly.

@Jude: I think that I don't need to investigate further about the lag
when starting these apps, nevertheless thanks for your input.

I think you were right about dbus trying to start twice,
as I have seen warnings like "application may misbehave"
that could be a consequence of that.

That could also explain another oddity: typing "orca -r" in a terminal
didn't work (no output, terminal frozen), now it does.

I intend to put the .desktop in /etc/xdg/autostart, as that will avoid
to put one more file in /etc/skel, which we would need to be taken care
of in ~ when upgrading, or a manual config by the user.

Now, I will dig the issue with sockets, not only to help speecd-el
cooperate with speech-dispatcher, but also to preferably put them in a
a temp dir in ram. That would avoid my ugly remval of stale dirs
containing sockets.

So, let's play with XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Stay tuned.

Greetings,

Didier