Re: [orca-list] Orca stops to read some lines on LibreOffice since 3.24

Hi,

Le 19/07/2017 à 00:44, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
On 07/18/2017 09:10 PM, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
What apps do you identify which may do this? I ask because we (Orca
community) have had no feedbacks about it for years, so the problem does
not seem to happen actually.

Again, it could happen from any app. One possibility -- but, again, not
the only one -- might be a hidden typeahead search.

Sure, just  a pitty that only Debian lets LO accessible properly due to
this patch and the fact LO does not work on accessibility until we
arrive. I think the situation is transitional, but a pitty a distro
needs to hack to deal with it.

Well, a better approach would be for the LibreOffice bug to be fixed
properly. If that's not something Hypra is capable of, perhaps one of
the Debian folks could do it?

Let's hope. At the moment given the available strength for next six
months, and the amount of bugs to fix in LO and Mozilla (about 50), more
or less complex, and due to the absolute onlyhood of our team on the
matter in the communities (Mozilla, Olibreoffice, desktop), we weil need
to accept an accessibility regression up Orca 3.26 waiting for better
days. And to avoid it, probably to patch downstream as a transition.
Let's see if we patch for Debian or just Hypra as I dont want to provide
regressions if avoidable through any way, even transitional. End-user
does not mind to know where the bug is from, so it is our role to
improve his experience and handle the remaining of te subject for us and
community.

Best regards,

--joanie

--