Re: [orca-list] Orca stops to read some lines on LibreOffice since 3.24

Title: signature_jp_2

Hi,

Le 18/07/2017 à 17:04, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
On 07/17/2017 12:17 PM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Le 14/07/2017 à 11:44, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
That should be fixed in LibreOffice
What is the bug related to this issue ? I don't find any bug to report
such issue.
I thought I filed one, but I'm not seeing it. Feel free to report it in
the LibreOffice bug tracker.

I use Orca since years with this work around without notable issue.
The notable issue would be in the form of chattiness and it could happen
in any application which emits caret-moved events, including (but
definitely not limited to) LibreOffice.

What apps do you identify which may do this? I ask because we (Orca community) have had no feedbacks about it for years, so the problem does not seem to happen actually.

Regardless, Orca should not present information related to objects which
are not shown to the user. If Orca does that, it is an Orca bug. Rather
than my deliberately putting a bug back into Orca which might have
unwanted chattiness as a side effect, wouldn't it not make more sense to
fix this issue in LibreOffice? Perhaps Hypra could make that contribution.

Is it be possible to re-add the work around until the LibreOffice fix ?
It strikes me as a bad idea. But what you do downstream (i.e. in any
product you ship) is, of course, up to you.

Sure, just  a pitty that only Debian lets LO accessible properly due to this patch and the fact LO does not work on accessibility until we arrive. I think the situation is transitional, but a pitty a distro needs to hack to deal with it.

Regards

--joanie

--
Logo