Re: [orca-list] Antergos the next Arch alternative which works

Chromium works here with no problems at all. I'm not sure what makes Chrome better than Chromium, as both should work with Chromevox. That said, the Chromium-chromevox package in the AUR is designed for Chromium, so you will have better luck using that browser, since Chromium is the version in the Arch official repository if either Arch or Sonar is your chosen distribution. In most other distributions, you will need to install ChromeVox manually by copying a very oddly named file, so it really doesn't matter if you use Chrome or Chromium. I think the only real difference is if you want to use Netflix, but that's supposed to work in Firefox now, although it doesn't where here yet.

Regarding Flash, I haven't used it in years, because it's all but deprecated upstream, and only a few straggling webmasters still insist on using it. Well there's that, and also the fact that neither Flash nor any alternative has ever worked with a screen reader on anything other than some very hit or miss cases on Windows, but that was also many years ago, and I don't know how even that combo works now. Thing is Adobe killed Flash on pretty much all but Windows now anyway, so it's really not being updated anywhere else, and so really isn't even worth trying to get working now. For nearly everything that says it needs Flash, there seems to be a work-around that generally does well using something like mpv or vlc, or even youtube-dl, and all these are far more screen reader friendly anyway, so I just use those.
Sent from under the cherry moon