Re: [orca-list] Is there a workaround for this Vim issue?

I have tried yasr with gnome terminal in the past, but don't remember if I ran it that way when I tested
recently.
I just keep a copy file around and paste in stuff from cli using speakup's copy and paste functionality, and
open the same file in the gui to copy to
gui aps/looking at doing something like a friend did some time ago using xclip to make this a bit nicer.
Maybe I actually have Storm's old script around to look at.
I don't know about any copy cut and paste functionality with yasr, and yes, I remember why speakup would be a
hassle for you to run perhaps. Screen lets
one copy and paste, so you could open vim in a screen session in a console and use it that way.
I think I did run yasr in a terminal emulator  a few weeks back come to think of it.
I'll see what I come up with and report back if I find anything interesting.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Nolan Darilek wrote:
Tue, May 17, 2016 at 05:19:48PM -0500

   Actually, is it possible to run YASR in a gnome-terminal window and bypass
   the VTE issues? I'm afraid I do too much cutting-and-pasting between GUIs
   and terminals to just abandon X. It'd be far easier to just disable Orca
   speech while using Vim. Might also get me to stop checking HackerNews
   compulsively too, which would be a side benefit.