Re: [orca-list] Is there a workaround for this Vim issue?

Not an answer to your question, but have you considered using consoles and
speakup, or even yasr instead of terminal emulators?
I've found over the years that the majority of CLI applications  are more
comfortable to use in log-in ttys, i.e. the consoles one accesses by
pressing control alt f1-f6 or control alt f2-f7 depending on your
distro/where the gui is launched.
There are some advantages to using terminal emulators, e.g. the ease of
copy and paste between the cli ap and gui programs, but I find any
disadvantages more than made up for with the better  performance I get in
the console.
I've started auto log-in to a few consoles on distros such as Vinux where
a DM launches the graphical desktop by default. One has already entered
their password to log-in to the GUI session, and thus can open a terminal
emulator with no additional PW or other security measures involved, so I
don't see how I'm more vulnerable with  the auto-log-in.
On my Arch and Debian boxes I start the GUI on demand, so can't
auto-log-in with out weakening security of course.

--
B. Henry

*follow me on Twitter @BurtHenry
 *connect on *GTalk or *AIM
     (this address)
*Yahoo burt1iband
&I'm on *Linkedin & *FaceBook

Nolan Darilek wrote:
    17/05/2016 at 11:30

ND
NDSorry, Jann, didn't see your reply to this message until now for some reason.
ND
ND
NDInteresting re: VTE. Are there any other terminal emulator libraries out there that have the same
accessibility support? I like Linux's command line support
NDvastly better than my Windows/NVDA experience of same, but there are a few papercuts that make some aspects
painful and I'm wondering if there are any
NDalternatives.
ND
ND
NDAlso, I can't duplicate the issue of arrowing down and hearing the previous line's contents. I don't have a
Braille display so can't comment on Braille
NDbehavior either. Sorry.
ND
ND
ND