Re: [orca-list] audio ducking, good feature to have?

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 06:56:21PM AEST, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

I haven't really tested not otherwise worked with this but what about
pulseaudio role ducking?

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules/#index66h3

Yes, I am pretty sure clients can work with this in some way, I'd just
need to look at the API.

PulseAudio has the concept of roles, and there is an accessibility role. It
will be a matter of allowing clients to set the appropriate role, and then
I am sure we will then be able to say duck all audio that is not of the
accessibility role.

Luke