Re: [orca-list] audio ducking, good feature to have?

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 02:42:16PM AEST, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
I've just come across a feature that nvda for windows supposedly just
added, which allows it to lower the volume of other applications while
it's speaking or playing sounds. I haven't used it since I don't use
windows except to maintain other people's and to play with occasionally
when a new version comes out, so I don't know how well this works but it
sounds neat. Would it be possible to add something like this to orca,

I have thought about this for Speech DIspatcher, which is where it would
be done.

Its one of those things that requires some improvement to audio, which is
being worked on. More work would then need to be done to allow for clients
to request that to be done.

Luke