[orca-list] audio ducking, good feature to have?

hi all
I've just come across a feature that nvda for windows supposedly just
added, which allows it to lower the volume of other applications while
it's speaking or playing sounds. I haven't used it since I don't use
windows except to maintain other people's and to play with occasionally
when a new version comes out, so I don't know how well this works but it
sounds neat. Would it be possible to add something like this to orca,
configurable of course? Normally I'd say that this isn't a screen reader
function and I still think that it isn't precisely one, but this is an
exception mainly because it's sometimes hard to hear speech over other
apps, particularly music or movie playing apps. You can turn them down
with pulse audio, but this would turn them down while orca was speaking,
then turn them back up when it was finished, after a slight delay. What
do you think joanie? Is this something that would be relatively simple
to add? It might also be more suitable to a plugin, and if that's the
case we'll have to wait until orca's plugin functionality matures, but
either way it's an idea. What do you guys think? Wow that sounded like a
sales pitch. I'm overcaffeinated today I think lol.

Thanks
Kendell Clark