Re: [orca-list] Ot: does anyone have a certification from the Linux foundation?

There are definitely companies out there that won't fill a position if certain criteria are not met, such as having a college degree or a certification. Sometimes, based on contracts or marketing, a company can't send a technician out to a customer to work on a problem if they don't have the proper certification. I currently work for the State of Texas and if the job posting says a BS is required or MS certification is required then that position won't be filled until a suitable candidate meets those requirements. It doesn't make any difference how qualified a candidate might be otherwise. I'm not saying I agree with this, and I didn't have these constraints when I hired people in the private sector, but it's definitely a reality out there in the marketplace.