Re: [orca-list] Ot: does anyone have a certification from the Linux foundation?

To be clear, I didn't say companies are leaving important positions unfilled just because qualified candidates do not have a sheepskin. I said the UW is doing that and the point was not so much to say that you need to get a degree. It was that there is a shortage of linux systems admins around here. In fact, you could say positions are being left open even in the private sector. I guess it depends on what you mean by leaving a position open but I've talked to recruiters in the area where I live. There are a lot of high tech companies around here and they have open recruitment of linux systems admins. They are essentially always in the market for people with those skills. I wouldn't say they are leaving the positions open but they do nearly always have open positions.