From: B. Henry [mailto:burt1iband gmail com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 1:01 PM
To: Alex Midence; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Ot: does anyone have a certification from the Linux foundation?

From what I hear the companies that want a degree would not be swayed by a cert in most cases.
The certs are gravy, but while of valule less looked for than they may have been a few years ago.
Of course none of this is written in stone across the board, and individual company policy and possible
exceptions to it will vary.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Alex Midence wrote:
Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 12:04:01PM -0600

Bummer.  So, you could have someone who is perfectly knowledgeable, perfectly competent but who won't get
hired because he or she doesn't have a BS degree.  Wow.  Maybe the lpi Certification might make the
difference for somebody like that then.