Re: [orca-list] Audacity

The accessibility of Audacity was the work of Dominic Mazzoni, now at
Google working on Chrome accessibility.

If memory serves, his wife is a musician, so needed an accessible daw. I
could be wrong, but I believe this was a labor of love.

It seems the community has managed to retain his earlier work quite
well. I don't know to what degree anyone in particular is pursuing
accessibility enhancements or bug fixes in Audacity.

hth

Janina

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
From a quick search, it also appears that Audacity uses wxWidgets. Not
all wxWidgets are accessible. So if there is something in Audacity that
Orca cannot see at all, that would be my first guess.

--joanie