Re: [orca-list] Audacity

I usually mark a piece of a track by the sound I want to select. I play the file, set my selection using the open square bracket to start and the closing square bracket to end. Then I adjust my selection according to the sound that plays. If I need more of the track selected to the left, I press shift+left arrow. Control+shift+right arrow will move the beginning of my selection later in the track. At the end of the selection, I can add time using shift+right arrow or take time off by using shift+control+left arrow. I can further control my selection using control+1 to shorten the amount of time added to or removed from the selection, control+3 to lengthen the time added or removed and control+2 to change the length of time to a default, although this time is different from the default when the file is initially open. You may want to press control+2 as soon as you open the file to get a baseline default that won't change after you start selecting parts of your track. Hope this helps.
Sent from the ladder