Re: [orca-list] Audacity

Excellent reply! Thanks!

Just a precision: while track plays, your press bracket during playing
or you stop (shift-a or p), then bracket, then you restart. On-the-fly
or how?

I keep anyway your useful info.

Regards,

Le 13/07/2016 à 23:48, Kyle a écrit :
I usually mark a piece of a track by the sound I want to select. I play
the file, set my selection using the open square bracket to start and
the closing square bracket to end. Then I adjust my selection according
to the sound that plays. If I need more of the track selected to the
left, I press shift+left arrow. Control+shift+right arrow will move the
beginning of my selection later in the track. At the end of the
selection, I can add time using shift+right arrow or take time off by
using shift+control+left arrow. I can further control my selection using
control+1 to shorten the amount of time added to or removed from the
selection, control+3 to lengthen the time added or removed and control+2
to change the length of time to a default, although this time is
different from the default when the file is initially open. You may want
to press control+2 as soon as you open the file to get a baseline
default that won't change after you start selecting parts of your track.
Hope this helps.
Sent from the ladder