Re: [orca-list] Orca at install time on Ubuntu server 15.04?

On 9/28/2015 8:08 AM, John Heim wrote:
Do you mean that you think the ubuntu server installation disk is probably
inaccessible? Because speakup is now just a set of kernel modules. The
ubuntu kernel developers would have to exclude it deliberately. I have only
virtual machines to check it on but modinfo shows me that the speakup_soft
module is included on my ubuntu 15.04 server. But I didn't do that install.

Yes, I am almost positive that it is inaccessible. The Speakup modules are in staging and should be in almost all distros, but espeakup was not included the last time I checked and pressing "s" for speech didn't work. I haven't checked in a few years though, so perhaps this has changed. Therefore, without speech, someone would have to change to a different console, load the speakup_soft module and find a way to install espeakup. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me on this.