Re: [orca-list] GUI Redesign or clearup and modernization

hi
I'm more than happy to help new users, including you. What I have little
patience for is mindless complaints. You were just the straw that set me
off. Linux sucks. It can't do this, it can't do that. I want what I want
and I don't want to have to lift a finger. That kind of attitude is
extremely common among windows using blind people when I bring up linux.
The most common response is something like "Until linux does everything
I want without me having to do anything, I won't use it" This is
extremely frustrating. Windows apps don't write themselves. Programs,
device drivers have to be written. I'm more than willing to help anyone
who asks. What I can't put up with much of is a constant "yeah but this
isn't how windows does it" response when I'm trying to help people. You
didn't do this, but I've gotten a couple of those and they drive me
insane extremely quickly. I want linux to get better and improve. I
happen to think it's already great. But I don't see how "apple is
better" or "windows is better" comments are going to improve anything.
They'll only anger users and make them unlikely to want to help. Then
you'll never get your ocr program, or your human sounding voice, or
whatever it is you want so much. Joanie does a fantastic job. She's one
person trying to maintain an entire screen reader. She doesn't have the
benefit of the massive devoted community of python programmers nvda has.
Sometimes I get the feeling the nvda community takes that for granted.
So when they come to linux and find out that there's things that have
been needing to be done for years but haven't, they assume that linux
sucks, see ya.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Thanks