, where development can be found here:
http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeechHub/public/docs/Development/index.html

Speech Hub was in GNU/Linux back in the day, no idea if Vinux will have it sinc it still is on Ubuntu. I don't believe Speech Hub works on Arch, don't quote me on that though.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
I seem to remember Bill Cox doing a considerable amount of research on this sort of thing a while back.  You might track him down and consult with him.  He's the guy who wrote the sonic library that enables one to listen to Espeak at a considerable rate of speed without losing clarity.  I remember he was doing something with other tts's as well.

Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Mike Ray
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 2:26 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] New Linux user, needing higher quality speech

As someone who did a lot of DSP programming back when I could see, if I could find a linguistics expert who could tell me what there is about the voice spectrum of a real human that makes it sound like a real human, I could have a go at mucking about with the espeak voices.

But because I can't see the spectrums any more I am stumped.

It's all very personal, but I personally have no problem with any of the espeak voices.  And there are some female voices.

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

"In the beginning there was Debian, and Ubuntu was without form, and void"

Eyes-free Linux:
http://eyesfreelinux.ninja/