Re: [orca-list] My Fedora 22 Blues

hi
Something's weird with your system. I've never seen this before. It
looks like you're running two separate instances of gnome. One running
under wayland, and one running under x. Gnome is supposed to run on
the same tty as gdm, which is normally tty1. You can, of course, start
another instance on another tty if you want, but I don't have any idea
how to get to tty 25 to start one, and I'm not at all sure how one got
started there.
Btw, I fixed your name in espeak, so it should be in the next espeak
release.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Janina Sajka wrote:
Hi, Joanie:

You're correct. I think I wasn't groking what you were saying when
first I read your email.

Is this normal? To have gdm continue live in one tty, while Orca
and the desktop merrily run along in another tty? If so, that's new
to me. Fedora 21 didn't behave that way for me, nor any previous
Fedora.

Is it configurable as far afayk? I can't see how it adds value, at
least not to me.

Janina

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
Hi Janina.

When I return from the console to tty 1, I get a gdm screen.
Usually I have speech, but if speech-dispatcher is not speaking,
toggling Orca off and on again with Super+Alt+S solves it. I'll
add that to my to-look-into list. In the meantime, after I log
back in, the Orca I left running in my user session resumes
speaking. Is there any chance you're in gdm but didn't realize it
due to lack of speech?

--joanie