Re: [orca-list] My Fedora 22 Blues

I bet it has something to do with pulse audio -- do you have a hardware
synth to use with speakup to check?

Janina Sajka <janina rednote net> wrote:

Since upgrading from Fedora 21 to Fedora 22 I'm no longer able to go
back and forth between Orca on the GUI desktop and Speakup in a console.

If I set my boot to go directly to graphical login, I simply cannot chvt
out of the desktop. All attempts to do Ctrl-Alt-F2, F3, etc., don't
work.

If I set to multi-user (standard text console) login, all my consoles
come up. I am able to start the graphical deskto with Orca just fine,
but I dare not leave it. Once started, I seem to be able to use it as
long as I want. But, once I ctrl-Alt-Fx out to a console, returning to
the GUI tty results in an unesponsive environment--no speech, literally
nothing.

I'm befuddled. I don't know how to even start figuring out what's wrong.
Any and all suggestions most, most appreciated.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka, Phone:  +1.443.300.2200
                      sip:janina asterisk rednote net