Re: [orca-list] Added support for Evolution's GUI

It is more integrated out of the box with the freee office suites than thunderbird, and yes, of course it
supports imap.
I{ve not taken a look in like 4 years, so maybe there is something new and exciting, or depressing about
evolution, but as I recall it is more of an
enterprise oriented mail client by design, where as my old friend thunderbird is more small office and
private/personal use oriented out of the box.
Of course t-bird is quite customizable, and with the correct extensions much can be done, but some extensions
are not accessible, and others that may be
quite good may not be updated to work with t-bird updates.
Thunderbird will also always be free, and at the risk of starting a philisophical debate this includes the
freedom to use some non-free plug-ins and
probably extensions as well; not to mention the evil branding...lol!
I'm looking forward to taking evolution for a serious test drive, but it will likely have to wait a bit as
one can only test so many things at a time
and still remain productive.
This is really good news, and I thank both Mike and any other evolution devs, and of course Joani for putting
evolution back on the table.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  kk wrote:
Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 11:10:17AM +0530

This is a great news,
Now we have options in email accessibility.
Does Evolution support imap?
What other things I can get?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.