[orca-list] Considering Linux but Need Advice

Dear List,, I am considering giving linux a go, but I lack understanding of the platform.  What are the most
orca accessible mainstream distributions of linux?  Is vinux more accessible than the mainstream stuff?  What
does orca master mean and how do you access it?  Is the gnome desktop environment more accessible than the
unity desktop environment?  I think the only pre installed linux laptops I can find in the uk run ubuntu.  I
would be grateful for any advice you can give me.

Kind Regards, Lee