Re: [orca-list] GUI Redesign or clearup and modernization

Hi,
I would like to return to the topic, which is described in the subject line.
I have some fears regarding this, and they have been mentioned from some
of the participants in this discussion, but I would like to summarise
them from my point of view.

Firstly, what do you mean by "Redesign or clearup and modernization"? I
like the current design and I don't think that there is something which
should be removed. Do you think something is missing? So let's discusse
this.

Also, I'm very sceptical about moving the Orca settings into GNOME
Control Center. Why is this nesessary? What benefits will this give us?
Wouldn't it make configuring Orca harder from the users point of view?

And what about other desktop enviroments? If eventually the other
desktops, which are based on GNOME, some day manage to catch up, what
about the others like XFCE, LXDE/LXQT, KDE etc.?
I like GNOME 3, much more than GNOME 2, and use it every day, but what
if I some day would like to change it? Of course I'm very greatfull to
the GNOME guys, without who the accessibility of the Linux GUI would
have been very questionable, but I thought that Orca became not only a
screen reader for GNOME, but for every desktop enviroment.
Forking is possible of course, but I think that deviding the project
would not give us much benefit, cause there are very few people who have
the knolage to work on this kind of stuff already, and that will leed to
duplication, instead of those people working together.

Best wishes,
Zahari

На 27.08.2015 в 03:20, Alex Midence написа:
I have found quite reliable and extremely effective these last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone