Re: [orca-list] Heads-up: I've branched for 3.14 and please test master

Hi Krishnakant.

On 09/03/2014 05:18 AM, Krishnakant Mane wrote:

So what is the difference between having control carrot navigation
checked vs unchecked?

If it is checked, Orca will determine where the next line, word, or
character is. If it is unchecked, Gecko will determine where the next
line, word, or character is. In the case of simple text, both Orca and
Gecko should come to a very similar conclusion. In the case of
navigating between objects, like from a paragraph in one div to a
paragraph in another div, Gecko may or may not do what you want/expect
as Gecko's native caret navigation is still pretty broken. In the case
of navigating between more complex objects, Gecko will very likely skip
over things. Orca, theoretically, will not. (Though as has been reported
here, sometimes it does. That's one of the things I've been fixing with
all the recent changes.)

HTH.
--joanie