Re: [orca-list] Is Orca compatible with Fedora

Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
It is indeed important to make the distinction.  Having said that, I have
heard that it is quite easy for someone who knows Linux to translate their
knowledge to the Unix world.  I have also heard that it is not as easy for a
Unix person to move to Linux though for some reason.  You could probably do
quite a bit towards learning Unix using Linux by installing the Korn shell
since that is Unix's default.  Linux uses Bash or ZSH.

They all support the POSIX shell standard, as far as I know, so unless you're
writing complex scripts you probably won't notice any difference.

Orca used to run under Solaris, the only UNIX variant ever supported. I don't
know whether that's still the case; I doubt that anyone has tested it for a
long time now.