Re: [orca-list] Orca and Mozilla apps

Thunderbird shouldn't be doing this.
Please tell us what your CPU is, how much memory you have, amd what t-bird version you are running.
You have to configure the sounds, I wrote about this on the vinux list last year, but basically it takes you
setting a
path to a wav file, one you choose. There are some limits as to bitrate and the like, but it'll  work
Make sure the volume is turned up to something reasonable on the appropriate tabe in the pulse audio control.
I think You
are using vinux4, so this will be in the sound setttings. Sorry, can't remember exact name of the tab, but
it's obvious
when read next to the rest.
Do you know how to use top?
I have a customized toprc file that will give you easy to understand output, but just typing top starts the
program. It
tells you things ike how much memory, cpu and so forth is being used by a given program, but the default
setup is not that
good for speech -users
I'll attach a better configuration. Put it in your home directory making sure it's named .toprc there is a
period there in
case your punctuaion is turned down.
Send me a copy of top output while thunderbird is running.

I'm running out the door again, and will be off line all day tomorrow, but will try and help some more over
the weekend if
you still have this problem.
Some slowness  could be a case of you having a lot in your gmail folders, allmail especially, and it being
synced. If you
have a slower computer this can take up a noticeable amount of processor and memory. Once synced, and you
should turn off
syncing off all mail at least if it is synced by default, things should settle down.
--
B.H.