Re: [orca-list] cli-based distro

elinks seems to do well for web commerce and banks.

David

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
How do you tackle online banking?  What about websites that use dropdowns
and mouse-overs?  Do you ever have trouble with stuff that uses Ajax?  How
do you deal with JQuery elements?

Just wondering,
Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: lsmithso hare demon co uk [mailto:lsmithso hare demon co uk]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:52 AM
To: Alex Midence
Cc: 'Julien Claassen'; 'Fernando Botelho'; 'orca-list'
Subject: Re: [orca-list] cli-based distro

Hi:

Even without javascript you can still read a lot of content and access a lot
of websites with a text only browser. Many pages display in a degraded form,
but if you're blind this doesn't really matter. It also helps to browse a
/mobile version of a website, if one is available.
This is what I do with LinkedIn.

Alex Midence writes:
 > Cli browsers are nice for their responsiveness but they don't do
javascript.
 > Javascript is everywhere these days so, that's a show-stopper for me.
 > Static html is becoming increasingly rare.
 >
 > Alex M

September 09, 2013 4:56 PM  > To: Fernando Botelho  > Cc: Alex Midence;
'orca-list'
 > Subject: Re: [orca-list] cli-based distro  >  > Hello Fernando!
 >    It depends on far you need to go with text-based browsers. I mostly
use
 > lynx. I only use links2 for youtube, since it works a little better. Even
better still can be elinks. But my main interest is in information (i.e.
 > wikipedia and other more scientific resources) and software and community
based projects. The multi-media world can be a pain in the neck though.
 >    If you're looking for a distro with a good commandline environment,
then
 > I'd suggest plain old ebian or Arch. they both make it rather easy to
work  > on the commandline and their choice of commandline tools is
plentiful.
 >    Warm regards
 >           Julien

 > The manual is at