Re: [orca-list] new linux distro

Just a note: the talking Manjaro isos are mostly just a development test
for now. Please test them in virtual machines or on hard disks or USB
sticks you don't mind overwriting. These are not yet ready for use as a
production operating system installation. There is still much work to be
done. For example, although the live image does come up talking, and
although the installed system will talk, the installer being used
crashes if Orca is running after clicking the final install button, and
there is not yet a talking login. We're working on all these things and
more, and we have these isos on the Sonar site because it looks very
likely that the next Sonar release will be based on the Manjaro distro
that was used to make the isos mentioned here. If this does happen, and
I'm quite confident that it will, we should have a real release within a
couple of weeks of the GNOME 3.10 release. I feel I can go ahead and
mention this here, since it was already publicly posted on the support
list, and I am quite active in the development process. Please forgive
me if I jumped the gun due to my excitement.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"