From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Kyle
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 2:15 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] new linux distro

Just a note: the talking Manjaro isos are mostly just a development test for
now. Please test them in virtual machines or on hard disks or USB sticks you
don't mind overwriting. These are not yet ready for use as a production
operating system installation. There is still much work to be done. For
example, although the live image does come up talking, and although the
installed system will talk, the installer being used crashes if Orca is
running after clicking the final install button, and there is not yet a
talking login. We're working on all these things and more, and we have these
isos on the Sonar site because it looks very likely that the next Sonar
release will be based on the Manjaro distro that was used to make the isos
mentioned here. If this does happen, and I'm quite confident that it will,
we should have a real release within a couple of weeks of the GNOME 3.10
release. I feel I can go ahead and mention this here, since it was already
publicly posted on the support list, and I am quite active in the
development process. Please forgive me if I jumped the gun due to my
excitement.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--