From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Kyle
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:49 PM
To: orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] new linux distro, with apology to Robert Cole

Daniel Barich sent this message:
# There's already a command-line Talking Archlinux which I've used a little
bit:
#
# https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_for_the_blind

Yes, it's great! I always have a Talking Arch on hand for any number of
tasks, from rescue and recovery to installing a new OS on an old machine.
Probably the main difference is that where Arch uses the install scripts,
which I personally like, but are feared by many, Sonar will have a command
line installer that will make installation easier.
Also, we have the ability to automatically enable the dialogopts thing that
we had to do manually back when Talking Arch had a similar menu-driven
installer, which will make Speakup read our installer correctly without user
intervention. The other difference is that we're not limited in the packages
we put on the iso. Where Talking Arch is a dual-architecture image that fits
on a CD, we should still be able to fit a single-architecture Sonar image on
a CD while including more packages on the system. This can give the command
line user a lot more included things such as more choices of text editors,
web browsers, mail clients, IRC applications, music players and more. I
don't think we'll be trying to throw in everything but the kitchen sink, but
we do want a command line experience that is as well-rounded as our desktop
spins.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--