Re: [orca-list] Do we need "accessible" Gnu/Linux distros anymore? 13.04 edition! was Re: ubuntu 13.04

All I will say on this topic is the following:
People who are not technically inclined also require a distribution that meets their needs. All people do not
have the time, energy, resources, patients, etc. to sit there and monkey with the distribution and take
forever building it up. They also, just want to sit down and get to work. This, is why Microsoft and Apple's
products Are so powerful. They take all of the technical difficulties out of the equation and let people just
sit down and get to work.  Vinux did that for me back in 2010. I did not then care about learning about Linux
per se. All I wanted was something that would allow me to access office word documents so that I could
complete a class in college. That is exactly what I got. I put the CD in my drive, I fired up OpenOffice, I
opened the documents that I could not be read with anything else, and successfully completed my class. All of
the rest Such as getting to know the operating system more intimately and in greater detail came later.
Eventually, I progressed beyond Vinux  and rarely use it these days. However, I am very glad it is there.
Others will no doubt benefit from it as I did.

Alex M
Sent from my iPhone