From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Kyle
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:42 PM
To: Orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Do we need "accessible" Gnu/Linux distros anymore?
13.04 edition! was Re: ubuntu 13.04

According to Bill Dengler(arch Gnu/Linux):
# OK, what about Ubuntu though?

Ubuntu is indeed a great distro with lots of documentation. I still feel
that there is as much of a place for Vinux from the standpoint of
accessibility as there is for regular Ubuntu for both blind and seeing Linux
desktop users. For all intents and purposes, Vinux is Ubuntu 12.04. It just
includes a little extra handholding on the screen reader side, which is very
important for some users. It's not dumbed down at all. Handholding can be
very good as a getting started tool.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--