Re: [orca-list] Do we need "accessible" Gnu/Linux distros anymore? 13.04 edition! was Re: ubuntu 13.04

OK, what about Ubuntu though? It has a question/answer tracker, forums, at least three mailing lists one of which is dedicated to accessibility, several IRC channels, at least two wikis, huge software repositories, lots of ppas, frequent fixes/updates, a huge user base compared to other distros, phone/tablet support, Ubuntu advantage paid support plus LTS releases for those people that must have a system with high uptime requirements, out of the box hardware support(most of the time), an easy to use desktop interface called Unity, a graphical package manager complete with ratings and reviews, built in apps for email, web browsing, IM, image editing, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and more, a talking installer, an OEM mode for installation that lets you set up the core of the system and run a setup wizard for the user to configure their user account/password/timezone, the list goes on and on.

Bill