Re: [orca-list] Accessibility Testing in Ubuntu 12.04

I don't understand what's so hard about configuring Precise to use an
accessible gnome environment.  Once you get the hang of it, it's easy
as pie.  All  you ahve to do is install the gnome and
gnome-session-fallback packages and then change the session to
gnome-classic in lightdm.conf and your username file in
/var/lib/AccountServices/users:

1.  sudo apt-get install gnome gnome-session-fallback
2.  sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
3.  change x session from unity to gnome-classic
4.  control x, y for yes and enter to save under the same file name.
5.  sudo nano /var/lib/AccountServices/users/Your_login_name
6.  As before, edit the line containing the x-session and change it to
gnome-classic
7.  Save and exit
8.  Reboot.
9 Enjoy

Whole thing probably take you an hour or two just because of the
packages that have to download.  The hard part is in get speakup to
work right  for you in console.  I got it working so long as I start
it manually and don't log into x.  If I want to switch back and forth
between x and console, forget it.  It's absolutely intolerable for me
and I am determined to find a way to fix that but, such are matters
for me now.
Regards,
Alex M