Re: [orca-list] talking gdm with orca in fedora

Robert Cole <rkcole72984 gmail com> wrote:
Fortunately, the SELInux
troubleshooter (which seems to be pretty accessible to Orca) gives
instructions on how to resolve the problems which it flags.. I am
definitely going to try to learn how to effectively use SELInux. I
never really knew about it until I came to Fedora.

It's available for other distributions, but Red Hat have committed the most
effort to fine-tuning a SeLinux policy for their distribution.

Documentation is available here:
http://www.freetechbooks.com/the-selinux-notebook-the-foundations-t785.html
and there are also Fedora-specific guides on the Fedora documentation site,
which might be the best starting points.

AT-SPI 2 and Orca really do need to be compatible with SELinux policies
because there are environments in which this level of security is required.
It's probably best for Fedora users to deal with the issue first, since that's
the distribution in which SELinux is enabled by default.

As a Debian user, I haven't checked the status of the SELinux policies for a
while - when I last tried to use it, a Debian system couldn't boot properly
with SELinux in enforcing mode, but efforts were underway to fix that.