Re: [orca-list] talking gdm with orca in fedora

Robert Cole <rkcole72984 gmail com> wrote:
thanks for the information in the below e-mail concerning SELinux!

I did not know about editing /etc/sysconfig/selinux to disable
SELinux.

I don't know how modern Fedora systems are set up in this respect, but I think
SELinux is in permissive mode by default, which doesn't enforce the security
policy.

When it's in permissive mode, you can obtain logs of any security violations,
decide wehther to allow them, and modify the security policy accordingly so
that when enforcement mode is enabled you won't run into unwelcome access
denials.

If a particular package is giving you SELinux errors then I would suggest
submitting a bug report on the package, because it's a Fedora packaging issue
and whoever is responsible for the package should be able to fix it.