Re: [orca-list] Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

You have to pick gnome-shell by editing the text file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.

On 7/29/2012 5:32 PM, Kyle wrote:
Yes, Alex is correct. Unity2d has been discontinued in Ubuntu, and Unity accessibility is planned for a future release. Looks like they already dropped 2d from the alpha. The other problem is that I'm not sure that simply installing gnome-shell will bypass Unity, especially on live media. Previously, GNOME classic was a choice from the login menu after installation, but I'm not sure how it was handled on the live CD/DVD, or if the option is still even available in Ubuntu after the 12.04 release.

Just my thought, but it seems that Canonical dropped support for Unity2d at the wrong time. I would have hoped that Unity accessibility would have been at least mostly complete before dropping support for the only currently accessible Unity interface.
~Kyle

--
Alex Midence
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-midence/29/a25/520