Re: [orca-list] Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

Isn't this the release with just Unity and not Unity 2d because it's been discontinued? here's a suggestion:

install espeakup and start up the speakup synth before logging into gnome. Then, in a console session use Speakup to try and get Gnome shell to see how that is doing. If what I've read is to be believed, 12.10 won't be as accessible as 12.04 because it won't have Unity 2d. Therefore, the only way to really test out the distribution is to get a desktop system that is accessible.

Alex M