[orca-list] Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

Hi,

I wanted to have a look, running this from a flash drive. I got orca to start on hearing the login drums, set some preferences, and tried to move to the 'try ubuntu' button on the first installer screen. Once I hit the button, speech went silent, and stayed that way, with attempts to manually start orca resulting in no speech. I started a terminal, and started orca with the '-t' option, and went through that setup. Still no talking from orca. I checked with 'spd-say hello', and got espeak, thus confirming that speech dispatcher, espeak, and the sound system were working. What have others found with this release?

-Dave  Hunt