Re: [orca-list] Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

Yes, Alex is correct. Unity2d has been discontinued in Ubuntu, and Unity accessibility is planned for a
future release. Looks like they already dropped 2d from the alpha. The other problem is that I'm not sure
that simply installing gnome-shell will bypass Unity, especially on live media. Previously, GNOME classic was
a choice from the login menu after installation, but I'm not sure how it was handled on the live CD/DVD, or
if the option is still even available in Ubuntu after the 12.04 release.

Just my thought, but it seems that Canonical dropped support for Unity2d at the wrong time. I would have
hoped that Unity accessibility would have been at least mostly complete before dropping support for the only
currently accessible Unity interface.
~Kyle
--
Kyle is a droid.