Re: [orca-list] Feature request: Orca should support Aria-Hidden

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 04:10:42PM +0100, Mallory van Achterberg wrote:
On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:02:12PM +0100, Eric Scheibler wrote:
All right, following situation:
On my blog I use a plugin to display code. The code is ordered in a table with two columns and one
row. The left column holds the line numbers and the right one is for the code lines. The reason for
this is, that you can copy the code without the line numbers. But now Orca reads all line numbers
first and then the whole code block. Cause this is annoying I've contacted the developer and he
suggested to use aria-hidden. So Orca would jump over the row with the line numbers and reads
the code block directly.

In this blog posting you can see an example, it's at the end of the posting:
http://www.eric-scheibler.de/testblog/blog/2012/12/16/luftersteuerung-des-thinkpad-x200/

Regards
Eric

Hm, I looked closer at the HTML, and the way it's built now, there is
no benefit to line numbers, since each line is not matched up to its
number. There are only two cells! I expected two columns of multiple
cells.

-Mallory