From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Piñeiro
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:19 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Feature request: Orca should support Aria-Hidden

On 12/24/2012 12:18 AM, Eric Scheibler wrote:
Hello,

Trevor Saunders <trev saunders gmail com> schrieb am 23.12.2012, 16:25
-0500:
As for what you should use that depends on what you are trying to
accomplish, but
http://www.marcozehe.de/2012/04/24/hiding-content-untangled-hiding-vs
-moving-out-of-the-visible-viewport/
may be helpful.
Okay, interesting. But my problem is, that I don't want to hide
content from all users or hide it from sighted users and display it to
the screen reader. I want the opposite: all users should see it, only the
screen reader must ignore the content.

So you want to show something at a webpage, but hide it for screen reader
users. I don't really understand why you want that kind of feature. IMHO,
the final purpose of a screen reader is expose to their users the same
information that will get a user that doesn't use a screen reader. Could you
explain why do you need to achieve that?

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias