Re: [orca-list] Feature request: Orca should support Aria-Hidden

On 12/24/2012 12:18 AM, Eric Scheibler wrote:
Hello,

Trevor Saunders <trev saunders gmail com> schrieb am 23.12.2012, 16:25 -0500:
As for what you should use that depends on what you are trying to
accomplish, but
http://www.marcozehe.de/2012/04/24/hiding-content-untangled-hiding-vs-moving-out-of-the-visible-viewport/
may be helpful.
Okay, interesting. But my problem is, that I don't want to hide content from all users or hide it
from sighted users and display it to the screen reader. I want the opposite: all users should see
it, only the screen reader must ignore the content.

So you want to show something at a webpage, but hide it for screen
reader users. I don't really understand why you want that kind of
feature. IMHO, the final purpose of a screen reader is expose to their
users the same information that will get a user that doesn't use a
screen reader. Could you explain why do you need to achieve that?

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias