Re: [orca-list] Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

According to Krishnakant Mane:
# PDF is a very good choice for official documents, just that one company must not be allowed to have # the control over the specs. # Fortunately it is not the case, yet adobe has tryed to do that to a great extent.

So am I understanding correctly that PDF is now an open standard? Then again, mp3 was supposed to be a standard also, but it has been plagued with many patent issues. Doesn't Adobe still control the format? I'll definitely need to do further research on this matter.
~Kyle
P.S. Writing this from a newly up and running Arch Linux flash drive with GNOME, Orca and Thunderbird for e-mail. I'll likely try getting Alpine up and running on this system as well, since there's no guarantee that I'll always be able to have enough memory to run GNOME. I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised that it's working so well on this machine that only has 512MB of ram, which is actually a ton more than I thought it had.