Re: [orca-list] Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

Yes, I would tell you that.  Your case is a very specialized, highly unusual
one for the task you were trying to accomplish.  You weren't using office
productivity software, a web browser, music recording or playing software,
an integrated development environment, an e-mail client, a pdf viewer, a
bible program, or any  number of other applications that are more than just
simple utilities and that are targeted at a wider audience than advanced
users like yourself.  It makes sense that you would gravitate towards Arch,
for instance since it's targeted at advanced users.  I like choice as much
as the next one but at the end of the day, all I want from my machine is to
be able to sit down and get my work done, whatever it may be.  I also want
to be able to share my machine with my family some of whom are not big on
complicated technology.  Their tallents lie in other directions.  I would
gladly trade all the five or six hundred choices I can't take advantage of
because theya re inaccessible to  me in exchange for just one choice where
every application I need comes up for me accessibly and allows me to do what
I need to quickly and efficiently and without me having to spend hours and
hours just learning the quirks of its interface.  Now then, having said
that, I would be even happier if I could have my cake and eat it too.  This
translates to being able to ckrack open whatever Linux distro I want using
whatever combination of window manager and desktop environment it comes with
out of the box, fire up Orca and be able to avail myself of all those 500
choices.  That's simply too big a project though.  If anyone manages to pull
that off, I would be very surprised if it wasn't something you had to shell
out a few bucks for.

Alex M