Re: [orca-list] thunderbird getting bad to worst, is evolution a good choice?

Hello,
I am really confused.
I am sure that I must be doing some thing wrong here.
I type alpine and after some time it does ask for a password.
after that it only keeps saying "/ \" or "___".
I press "i" and nothing happens, no list coming.
I do a lot of  stuff like ctr + i or "c" for cancel.
after a lot of such actions, I get a line saying "waited for 15
seconds, still waiting ".
again I press "i" because by now Orca stops saying /\ and all that.
Still no list of emails.
further more, I never understood the suspence behind composing an
email from alpine.
what if I wish to cancel the sending of email?
It never works with me.
I only went pass pressing ctrl + x and it asks me if I wish to send
"y, yes, n, no and c, cancel " I type n and enter.
I am back in the compose area and can't find a way to get out of it..
I think alpine needs a lot of practice, because checking the help is
not really helping.
Or may be given my large inbox, i must wait for an hour at least to
get all the emails downloaded?
As a side note, I herd that alpine is no longer supported.  Is this an
advantage or disadvantage I can't say,
one advantage is that given all the features of alpine are good enough
for use and are accessible, we have a stable software for long long
time to come.
but disadvantage is that if we have a bug which I am sure we have,
there will be no one to fix it.
What do you all think?
In any case I will configure mutt and try my hand at it.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.