Re: [orca-list] thunderbird getting bad to worst, is evolution a good choice?

Hi,

On 4/10/2012 12:07 AM, krishnakant Mane wrote:
Hi Jason,
So are the commands for mutt and alpine the same?

No, of course not. They are two completely different e-mail programs.

Can I get the list of keyboard shortcuts for mutt somewhere?

Check the Mutt manual. I recall most of the hot keys are documented there.

Secondly I found out that when using alpine, my inbox takes a lot of
time to open.
Is it due to imap being used instead of pop?

Probably. Imap sometimes takes a while, especially when grabbing a bunchof e-mails in your inbox on a remote server, so the length of time it takes to refresh your inbox is do to your internet connection and of course how many e-mails there is.

Can some one give me details to put in my pinerc file for pop access in gmail?

You'll need to use a separate program like Fetchmail if you want to pop files off the gmail server to your local inbox for Alpine to read them as Alpine has no way to download files off a pop server itself. Alpine is primarily used for imap. However, I don't really see an advantage of using pop here as it will take just as long if not longer for Fetchmail to fetch your e-mails from the pop server as it would take for Alpine to just refresh the directory using imap.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.