Re: [orca-list] thunderbird getting bad to worst, is evolution a good choice?

krishnakant Mane <krmane gmail com> wrote:
I think one problem with commandline email clients would be that I
can't have the entire email spoken by Orca?

Mutt and Alpine are not command line clients. If you want a command line
application, then your choices are mailx or (for the real command line
experience) nmh.

To answer the question, you should be able to use flat review in a terminal to
read the messages in Alpine or Mutt. In Mutt, you can set an option that will
place the cursor on the first line of the message body when the text is
displayed.
In your ~/.muttrc file:
set braille_friendly=yes
if yes, then can I also browse the mail body line by line?
Secondly, if I choose alpine, what all search featurs are available?

It's basic string matching, if I remember correctly, whereas in Mutt you can
search by fields in the header, or the body text, and use regular expressions.
and finally do I move in the list of emails by up and down arrows?  do
I hear the subjects like I do in thunderbird?

Yes. In Mutt, you can also change how the messages are presented in the mail
index, so you can customize it as much as you wish.
are there shortcuts for sorting the mails by date?
Yes, by date, thread, etc.