Re: [orca-list] Problems with qt-atspi and Orca

11.04 includes a speakup-ready kernel if memory serves.  NO recompile
should be necessary.  You'll need Pulse audio running system wide
though as I don't know of any other way to get speech output in the
console.  The thought of relying on just one speech option exclusively
gives me the heevy jeevies.  I can't imagine why you'd want to put
yourself in such a stresful position if you can avoid it.  Me, I've
got Emacspeak, Speakup, Yasr *and* Orca on my Lucid flavor of Vinux.
I've had occasion to jump back and forth from one to another too.  Do
yourself a big favor and look into installing some of this stuff on
your machine.  It's amazingly comforting to know that you can always
get *some* speech to work provided you have a command line accessible.
 Saved my bacon but good, let me tell ya.  You'll never go back!

Alex M