[orca-list] Problems with qt-atspi and Orca

Hello list,

A few minutes ago I caught a post on the list that Attila has managed
to get qt-atspi up and working. Unfortunately, I can't say the same
for myself. A couple of weeks ago I joined the KDE accessibility list
offering to help out, Fredrik gave me some good instructions for
getting Qt accessibility working, and so I followed those directions
as directed. Unfortunately, after compiling and building atk latest,
atspi2-core, at-spi2-atk, Qt 4.8, and qt-atspi, and setting the export
variables I have nothing to show for it. When I bring up the
calculator test application, for example, Orca doesn't report anything
on the screen.  Unfortunately, it gets worse.

When I try to run something like Kate, Kcalculator, etc there is some
sort of error message that comes up on screen and Linux crashes. At
least Orca crashes and I have to reboot the system in order to restore
speech output. As I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 and it uses a lot of Gnome
2.x packages, not Gnome 3.x, I'm wondering if that might be the
problem here. Too many dependencies are out of date and somewhere down
the line its crashing the desktop. Any thoughts/suggestions where to
go or what to try next?

Thanks.